M.A. Sport Psychology, CMPC, MBA
Amanda Ferranti is the director and founder of Ferranti Empowerment where she has firmly established herself as a Certified Mental Performance Consultant for youth athletes, teams, and coaches. Amanda has an M.A. in Sport and Exercise Psychology, an MBA from Adelphi University, a B.A. in Psychology from Princeton University, and years of experience working with athletes and coaches in various sports, ages, and levels. She has achieved a great deal of athletic success herself, having played soccer for HBC Fury (7 x State Champions, 3x Regional Champions, 3x National Finalists), Princeton University (Ivy League Champions, NCAA Final Four semi-finalist), and the Long Island Rough Riders (Northeast Division Champions). Amanda also has a diverse background competing in multiple sports, including swim, basketball, lacrosse, and dance.
An advocate of mental skills training from personal experiences, Amanda understands the importance of emotional management and uses her innovation and unique knowledge-base specifically for youth populations. Additionally, she is a Certified Consultant by the Association for Applied Sport Psychology and continually contributes to the growing literature on mental skills training and performance enhancement. She has authored a unique brain training workbook called Own Who You Are; A Foundations Workbook for All Performers.
Brain Training Workbook
Own Who You Are
Spearheaded by Certified Mental Performance Consultant, Amanda Ferranti, she has teamed up with a coach, an educator, and a school counselor to create this foundations workbook. Sport Psychology forms the framework that drives the strategic activities within these pages, which have been systematically laid out in order to foster a growth mindset, strengthen self-esteem, and ultimately enhance your performance outcomes.
- BA in Psychology from Princeton University
- MA in Sport and Exercise Psychology from Argosy University
- MBA from Adelphi University
- Training in Mental Health Counseling
- Former semi-professional player for the Long Island Rough Riders
- Played D1 for the Princeton Women’s Soccer
- Ivy League Champions and NCAA Final Four
- Competed in 5 National Championships from youth to semi-pro
- Overcome 2 ACL reconstructions, one when I was 15 and the other ending my career
- Consulting individuals 8 and up for over 10 years
- Coaching soccer players for over 18 years, ages 3 and older
- Girls Eastern New York ODP Head Coach
- Former Adelphi Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach
- Former Girls Associate Academy Coach in the Girls Academy League
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant by the Association for Applied Sport Psychology
- United Soccer Coaches National Diploma
- Developed a proprietary tool for performers called the 5 A’s Emotional Management Process
- Developed an Integrated Soccer Training Methodology for players ages 3 and older
- Made sport psychology accessible to all performers by co-authoring a workbook called Own Who You Are
- Recipient of the WVI Dolphin Foundation Spirit of Youth Sports Award
- Advocate for youth athletes through publications, speaking engagements, and podcasts, including:
- Presenter at the United Soccer Coaches National Convention
- Match Day: United Soccer Coaches
- Soccer Journal Publications
- Insight on Sirius XM Radio
- The Injured Athletes Club Podcast
- Ask Amanda on Girls Soccer Network IGTV
Why Ferranti Empowerment?
Amanda Ferranti is a Princeton women’s soccer alumna, former semi-pro player, licensed soccer coach, and certified mental performance coach, with 10,000+ hours training kids.